I’ve learned many things through my short time blogging but there are a few things I feel were more valuable lessons to me than others during my journey. For now, I’ll be sharing the what to, and what not to do’s that I’ve learned so far. Some of these can also apply to everyday life.
What To Do
- Plan ahead
- Set aside time just for blogging.
- Interact (you’ll see this a lot because it’s very important)
- Be yourself, do what feels right to you.
- Take a break if you need to.
- Be productive in your spare time. Read other blogs, comment on other blogs. Edit photos, and future posts etc.
- Choose a name that will not limit you (unless you know for sure that’s all you’ll want to talk about) choose a name that you can still see yourself using years from now.
- Choose a theme that is functional on both desktop and mobile.
What NOT To Do
- Tell yourself you’ll “do it later.” Once later comes around you still won’t feel like doing it and by then you’ve wasted so much time already when you could have gotten it over with and been relaxing again. If you’ve got an idea or something that needs to be done just do it. Don’t wait unless truly necessary.
- Post and leave. No one will find your blog this way, no one will comment on your posts, and you’ll end up hating it and quitting because you don’t know why you’re not growing. You MUST interact!
- Do what everyone else is doing. Don’t write about things you aren’t passionate about. Readers will be able to tell and won’t be impressed. You won’t be motivated to continue. It’s a lose.
- Try to post every day. Don’t try to post every day just to get more traffic. If you can do it with no problem that’s great! But don’t force it. You’ll burn yourself out and blogging won’t be as fun anymore. It will feel more like a chore.
- Don’t choose a name you might not like a few months or years from now. Or a name that might limit you to only one topic. I learned this the hard way which is partly why I’m starting a new journey in the first place.
- Don’t try to follow as many blogs as you can. Don’t follow/unfollow to get followers. Follow the blogs that you are really interested in, and blogs that are active so you don’t have to worry about doing a clean out later.
What are some important things you’ve learned as a blogger? Leave a comment below💕