Today I’ll be sharing 24 things I’ve learned in 24 years. This wasn’t the easiest list to come up with but in the end, I made it (just as I have made it through life so far) and in the end realized I’ve learned a lot. You really do become wiser each year. But what’s the whole point of this?
“It’s ya birthday baby what you wanna do…?” Well, maybe it’s not your birthday lol.
Currently listening to and singing one of my favorite birthday songs, Birthday by K. Michelle because she’s a Pisces and the song is perfect for us Pisceans and because…
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! 3.8.18 marks 24 years of my existence in this world, this crazy sometimes magical world.
I actually have NO IDEA what I’ll be doing today and I’ve thought about it for the past few months. It always comes close to the time and those thoughts and plans are like… nowhere to be found. Abort the mission. Life happens. Change of plans. I still haven’t even picked out an outfit- Oops! BUT, I will enjoy my day whatever I decide to do, no matter what.
24 Things I’ve learned In 24 Years
1. If you were born you have a purpose. There was no mistake when you were created even if your parents weren’t ready or you were brought into this world by some other unfortunate circumstance. You’ve lived all of these years because you are meant to be here.
2. Holding in your emotions will hurt you in the end!
3. Ignoring your intuition so much will hurt you in the end!
4. I was in a bad car accident a few years ago, when I saw the car coming I thought my life was about to end and there was nothing I could do. I ended up being rushed to the hospital but I was alive! I learned from this experience that I was taking life for granted and if my life would have ended that day, I wouldn’t have been satisfied with the life I lived. It was definitely a wake-up call.
5. Forgiveness is definitely for you and not the other person so don’t hold grudges. It’s better than constantly thinking/being angry about what someone did to you. There may come a time you hurt someone and seek forgiveness.
6. It’s okay to be alone or say no sometimes.
7. There is no perfect timing for your goals and plans, start now or you might not start at all! And if you start now, think of where you could be later on instead of only just starting later on.
8. You won’t know what could be or how it could work out if you don’t try, so go for it! It’s better than wondering what if.
9. Explore your creative side more often! You never know what you could come up with or new passions you might discover. We are all creative in our own ways.
10. Surround yourself with positive vibes and people. We often pick up on the energy around us.
11. Learn when its time to let go. Not every friendship or relationship is meant to last forever. Some people enter our lives for lessons or to help guide us to the next step in our lives, but not all of them are meant to come with us where we are going.
12. Take fault for your actions. Yes sometimes people do things to upset us or unfortunate things happen but how you react and handle them is your own choice.
13. Comparing your self to others (negatively) only keeps you off track of your own journey and finding your own purpose. Nobody else is exactly like you!
14. Be grateful and practice gratitude. It will help you feel and become more positive in life.
15. Talk to your parents, listen to them, tell them you love them because not everyone has a mom/dad in their life and yours won’t always be around
16. If you aren’t happy with yourself on the inside, moving away or changing your outside appearance won’t change much.
17. Don’t let mistakes define or break you, let them help you grow. Learn from them! You are human and you aren’t created to be perfect.
18. Being dependent on someone will cripple you (financially and emotionally) and if your happiness depends on someone else, know that they have the power to take it away from you.
19. Not everyone is going to like you. Not everyone is going to like your work. Everyone has their own opinions likes/dislikes. Don’t let it make you insecure or work less on what you love doing because just as there is someone who won’t like it, there’s also someone that will.
20. You will have bad days. You may even feel like you have more bad days than good. But if you’re reading this, you’ve made it through all of them! There will be a better day.
21. Spend money wisely and save save save! You never know when you’ll need the money for something serious/unfortunate. And if you save often maybe you can plan something nice for yourself like a getaway trip.
22. Everything happens for a reason. You may not know the reason right away but soon enough you’ll understand and most times be thankful for it.
23. At 24 years old you don’t have to have your life all figured out. Most people don’t.
24. Even if you aren’t in school study and always strive to learn! You don’t have to be in school to learn new things and refresh your memory on things you may have forgotten.
That’s my list, what’s something you’ve learned throughout your lifetime? When is your birthday? Let me know in the comments and I hope you all have a great day!